Please read the study room policies to continue with your reservation
- Study Rooms at McAllen Public Library are intended primarily for individual and group study and small meeting purposes.
- Patrons may reserve study rooms online or at all three McAllen Public Library locations in up to one four-hour block of consecutive time.
- Patrons are limited to one use of a Study Room per day as either an individual or as part of a group.
- Latecomers beyond fifteen minutes will forfeit their reservation.
- Due to high demand, Study Room time is not renewable.
- No Study Rooms will be reserved within 30 minutes of closing.
- Users are asked to finish their work and vacate the Study Rooms 15 minutes before the library closes.
- No room may exceed the maximum stated occupancy listed below.
- Study Room A will accommodate one to fifteen persons.
- Study Room B will accommodate one to twelve persons.
- Study Room users are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner.
- Rooms are not soundproof; persons using amplified presentation devices are expected to do so in a way which does not disturb other study room users or library patrons in general. Discussions should take place at quiet conversational levels.
- Lights must be kept on at all times and appropriate behavior in a public space is expected.
- Repeated failure to follow study room policies may result in losing the right to use a Study Room.
- Patrons are expected to clean up, remove trash, and wipe the whiteboard (if used). Those who leave rooms untidy may lose future study room privileges.
- Children 10 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult or responsible guardian in the Study Rooms at all times.
- At Palm View Branch patrons may reserve study rooms up to two weeks in advance online or at the Palm View Branch Reference Desk.
- Water is permitted in the Study Rooms. All other beverages and food of any kind are not permitted in the Study Rooms. ·
Failure to comply with the above policy may result in the loss of study room use privileges. By continuing with your reservation, you agree to comply with the above terms and conditions.